Skip to main content

Music and versatility

Musical Monday: Music of my Heart, NSYNC and Gloria Estefan
Monday's Music Moves Me: Coward of the County, Kenny Rogers
Please scroll down for Monday Mayhem

Until last night after watching the film Music of the Heart, I listened but never paid attention to NYSYNC and Gloria Estefan's Music of my Heart. The lyrics are beautiful. This song moves me today.



Amanda @ Bloggin with Amanda hosts Musical Monday

Over at Monday's Music Moves Me there's a country music party. Well, who else to feature but my favoritest Kenny Rogers. I can't name a song of his that I don't like. Coward of the County has good advice, "You don't have to fight to be a man" and some thought to ponder, "Sometimes you got to fight when you're a man."


XmasDolly of XmasDolly, Lori of Shewbridges of Central Florida, Larry of Cakeblast, and Callie of JAmerican Spice host Monday's Music Moves Me

************************

Monday Mayhem: Versatile Blogger Award
Things you have never mentioned before:

1. I have several bucket lists, but I don't blog about them unless I have achieved them.

2. I am outta this profession I am currently doing first chance I get.

3. I am reading Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol during breaks at work this week.

4. I can't wait for Harry Potter 7; less than two weeks now....

5. I'm thinking of playing the piano again.

6. My very first golf instructor is my ex-BIL.

7. I found that the cost of doing a PhD is almost the same as learning how to fly a plane. (local PPL)

The last 3 questions of today's Monday Mayhem are donated questions for Thursday Thunks which seems to be possibly having issues acquiring questions....simply answer each prompt with a usable question. Thursday Thunks appreciates random and silly questions as much as the real kind.
Align Left
8. Comparing , such as apples and oranges. *pass*

9. Politicians. Who are your not-so favorite people?

10. The oddest food you've ever heard of or tasted. What have either assaulted or delighted your palate?

Harriet @ Harriet and Friends hosts Monday Mayhem

Comments

  1. I saw this video a very long time ago, and it moved me then, and it moves me today. Fabulous choice. Look how young they are. Thanks for sharing, and CONGRATS on being in our Spotlight Dance at Monday's Music Moves Me. Hope to see you next week too, when it's Freebie Week! Have a good one. I'm already following you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dolly, thanks for alerting me to the theme this week which I completely missed. Sorrrrryyy. I have just updated this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's cool about your bucket lists. Don't get me started on golf instructors.

    Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Harriet, golf! lol! It's good I didn't say I would be actually camping out in some driving range soon... *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I love me some Kenny Rogers! I haven't heard him in such a long time! Thanks for introducing his seductiveness to me again!

    Whoooo.

    And NSync and Gloria are just fine :)

    Following you and thanks for joining our meme

    ReplyDelete
  6. NSYNC is my favorite boy band I have posted them often. Even tho I am in my late 40's I listened to them while my girls were growing up just love em'! Gloria? Gloria ROCKS!
    I love country and Kenny Rogers is a fave I think I know every song he has ever done! Thanks for movin' me Hazel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard Coward of the County in FOREVER! Wow. Of course, you gotta love some NSYNC. I love me some JT. :-) Great picks!

    Happy MM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Believe it or not I cam back to hear your song again, and watch that cool video. They are so good, but how nice of you to put up Kenny Rodgers. I cannot believe I forgot about him. He is "MR. COUNTRY" for heavens sakes! Him & Dolly Pardon. Shame on me! Oh well, maybe next time! I'm so glad you remembered though. You do know you were chose to co-host in our "SPOTLIGHT DANCE", RIGHT? Well, CONGRATS AGAIN! Now to hear more stuffs! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. interesting pics - never know what I'll find when I pop over here which is just how I like it ;D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never heard Gloria and NSync sung together. That's quite a song pick. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Hazel,
    Can you drop me an email.. it is in regarding to some paid reviews.. thanks!

    reanact@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!!
    Music for the early morning ;)
    I just wake up
    and hear your music ...... :)))))

    Have a lovely day

    Kareltje =^.^=
    Anya

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts!

Tacloban . It's where I spent two months of great adventure with college buddies at about the same age as the young adult artists in this video  We Are The World for Philippines ( Cover by Filipino Artsts ) This is the church where I served as piano accompanist for the 1990 summer student choir, and some of the services. According to reports it was filled with dead bodies when this shot was taken. Photo Courtesy: AUP Network on FB On Saturday, November 24th, Central World management (the former WTC Bangkok) lent space for a Haiyan fundraiser without charge. I'd like to commemorate the highlights:   One Voice: Help Haiyan Victims was a serendipity. Organizing events is something I had to pay money to study in grad school. But it was live learning right there that night and observing the process was free. Skywatch : Mission Tacloban The Bangkok Charity Orchestra   reflected tranquility in their music. Poor typhoon victims would benef

Dyslexics and Developmental Pediatricians

Let me begin with an observation on the latter.  Developmental pediatricians in the Philippines are a rare breed. Or that's what I noticed. From society and organization websites, to forums, to word-of-mouth, to my own experience, they seem to be outnumbered by people who need their expertise. A parent of a child with developmental delays has to wait weeks or months to see one developmental pediatrician. Only thirty are listed on the Philippine Society of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics. Twenty-five in one Filipino autism blog, and that is not purely DevPeds. A child psychologist, child psychiatrist, and pediatric neurologist are mixed in the list, although they certainly are a big help too. At my son's speech therapy and psychology center I hear the same account from other parents - securing a time slot with a DevPed is hard. They are all fully booked throughout what could turn into a year. You may be lucky if someone withdraws but that rarely happens. I'm playing

Honor, Awards and a Game

Tuesday Couch Potatoes: Made of Honor Awards and a Game/Meme follow. Please scroll down a bit. My pick for this week's TCP theme (wedding movie) is Made of Honor. I like the humor in it. We've all been to several weddings but how many of us can say I've been to one in which the maid of honor was a he? The scene which particularly cracked me up is when the priest mistook the maid of honor for a gay man =) If you're familiar with some of my likes, you'd know why I also love the Scotland location of the wedding. For more of the synopsis click here ; and here's the trailer: Head over to Just About Anything for more wedding movies. ************ My super duper bloggy friend Thom of Thom's Place for Well Whatever and fellow Mom Tetcha of Pensive Thoughts awarded me this Beautiful Blogger award. I have to list seven things about me so here they are: 1. I love wearing jeans more than skirts. 2. One of my favorite colors is purple. 3. I don't mind spending su