Skip to main content

Shout outs

Beautiful, sarcastic, funny, pessimistic, creative, to-be-verified, positive, sad, true. Facebook has it all covered. These are shout outs I noticed friends have posted recently.  My faves are those that ring true.

1."Which would you rather be...divinely beautiful or dazzlingly clever or angelically good?" - Anne Shirley

2. What is real happiness?...It is when you feel fine even if there is nothing left in your pocket...It is when you enjoy life inspite of the problems you have...And most of all,when you still know how to smile and thank God for His blessings even if you are the poorest person and has the least important job on earth...

‎3. ♥ Before Marriage
Boy: At last i can Hardly wait!
Girl: Do you want me to leave?
Boy: No don"t even think about it!
Girl: Do you love me?
Boy: Of course, always!
Girl: Have you ever cheated on me?
Boy: No, why are you asking?
Girl: Will you kiss me?
Boy: Every chance i get
Girl: Will you slap me?
Boy: Hell no, are you crazy?!
Girl: Can I trust you?
Boy: Yes!
Girl: Darling!!
♥ After marriage - Just read it backwards!!

4. Money cannot buy happiness but it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes than on a bicycle.

5. To all the girls who are in a hurry to have a boyfriend or get married, a piece of Biblical advice: “Ruth patiently waited for her mate Boaz." While you are waiting on YOUR Boaz, don't settle for any of his relatives; Broke-az, Po-az, Lyin-az, Cheating-az, Dumb-az, Drunk-az, Cheap-az, Locked-up-az, , Goodfornothing-az, Lazy-az, and especially his third cousin Beatinyo-az. Wait on your Boaz and make sure he respects Yoaz...

6. Hope is hearing the melody of the future. Faith is to dance it.

7. October 2011 has 5 Saturdays, 5 Sundays and 5 Mondays. This happens once every 823 years. This is called money bags.

8. “I have reservations with the results. If the only basis is the Q and A portion, after having been trimmed down to 5, Ms. Philippines deserved to win. What made her different from the rest is that she had no seconds to rethink of her answer as she had no interpreter to break the ice. The rest had their interpreters and having breaks on seconds to think about their answers. Hands down, Ms. Philippines answered straight to the point.”

9. Don't take life too seriously. No one gets out alive.

10. How to please a woman:
Love her, die for her, take her to dinner, buy her jewelry, be interested in what she has to say.
How to please a man:
Show up naked. Bring beer.

11. Facebook should add a "who cares" button beside "like"

12. Officiating priest to newlyweds: I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now update your Facebook status.

13. Welcome to Facebook. The place where relationships are perfect, liars believe their own bullshit, and the world shows off they are living a great life; where your enemies are the ones that visit your profile the most, your friends and family block you, and even though you write what you are really thinking, there is always someone that takes it the wrong way.

Comments

  1. I like number five. There's something to be said for quality over quantity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word, loved the marriage thing and as for the Boaz clip, very funny and just what I needed to perk me up today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious! I like your style. So much that you brought out of FB that many can immediately identify but never realised.

    Jane Austen is always an inspiration. She writes simple English. That I like. Thanks for sharing!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good stuff! Number 10 is my fav as well. Happy T13!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so clever! Maybe my mind is especially flexible but I like #2 and #4 best. And I wish FB had a "don't like" button.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes. I have seen many of these on my FB page. Some are very witty, others eyebrow raising. It is fun to read them all in one place like this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very funny collection, loved 3.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts!

Tacloban . It's where I spent two months of great adventure with college buddies at about the same age as the young adult artists in this video  We Are The World for Philippines ( Cover by Filipino Artsts ) This is the church where I served as piano accompanist for the 1990 summer student choir, and some of the services. According to reports it was filled with dead bodies when this shot was taken. Photo Courtesy: AUP Network on FB On Saturday, November 24th, Central World management (the former WTC Bangkok) lent space for a Haiyan fundraiser without charge. I'd like to commemorate the highlights:   One Voice: Help Haiyan Victims was a serendipity. Organizing events is something I had to pay money to study in grad school. But it was live learning right there that night and observing the process was free. Skywatch : Mission Tacloban The Bangkok Charity Orchestra   reflected tranquility in their music. Poor typhoon victims would benef

Dyslexics and Developmental Pediatricians

Let me begin with an observation on the latter.  Developmental pediatricians in the Philippines are a rare breed. Or that's what I noticed. From society and organization websites, to forums, to word-of-mouth, to my own experience, they seem to be outnumbered by people who need their expertise. A parent of a child with developmental delays has to wait weeks or months to see one developmental pediatrician. Only thirty are listed on the Philippine Society of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics. Twenty-five in one Filipino autism blog, and that is not purely DevPeds. A child psychologist, child psychiatrist, and pediatric neurologist are mixed in the list, although they certainly are a big help too. At my son's speech therapy and psychology center I hear the same account from other parents - securing a time slot with a DevPed is hard. They are all fully booked throughout what could turn into a year. You may be lucky if someone withdraws but that rarely happens. I'm playing

Honor, Awards and a Game

Tuesday Couch Potatoes: Made of Honor Awards and a Game/Meme follow. Please scroll down a bit. My pick for this week's TCP theme (wedding movie) is Made of Honor. I like the humor in it. We've all been to several weddings but how many of us can say I've been to one in which the maid of honor was a he? The scene which particularly cracked me up is when the priest mistook the maid of honor for a gay man =) If you're familiar with some of my likes, you'd know why I also love the Scotland location of the wedding. For more of the synopsis click here ; and here's the trailer: Head over to Just About Anything for more wedding movies. ************ My super duper bloggy friend Thom of Thom's Place for Well Whatever and fellow Mom Tetcha of Pensive Thoughts awarded me this Beautiful Blogger award. I have to list seven things about me so here they are: 1. I love wearing jeans more than skirts. 2. One of my favorite colors is purple. 3. I don't mind spending su