Skip to main content

One little guy's opinion

Last weekend my mother sent me a text describing CJ's comment on a page of a volume of his Bible Friends. It was one on the crucifixion:
This is Jesus. He said to his Father, why did you forsake me but he did not answer. Oh, what a pity to Jesus.

The wrong grammar and shaky semantics amused me. Detaching my rigid academic head off lay stuff was a learning moment. All those fine scholarly writings I encounter at work and I get to witness a child's cute opinion. Don't you just love life's bonuses?

Yesterday my mother rang. It was to worry about me and the current flood situation in Bangkok. A couple of minutes in:
CJ: (rambling in the background) I can't ride it anymore... (then butting in to address me) Mommmyyyy! why did you tie my swivel chair?

Me: Why, what did you do in church?

Am I not so deaf?! (nakakaloka ang buhay na to)


Ma then explained that she told CJ it was my order to have his swivel chair tied in a corner to prevent 'improper traffic' in the living room. With CJ's ongoing speech and occupational therapy sessions I am grateful his mind is functioning and he is behaving normally.




[caption id="attachment_7742" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Summer watching Ultraman in a makeshift corner; he would later discover another way of riding wheels - like yesterday's incident"][/caption]

This post is linked with Mommy Moments at The Mommy Journey.

Comments

  1. Come to think of it, children sometimes make more sense than the adults, and that amazes me! Happy MM, and thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant "is not bothering you..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll have a fine man a few years from now...already a fine man as he is...my kids love riding on their dad's chair too...Oh, hope the flood is bothering you...hope actually things get better. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. [...] In the glen memories and dreams on gossamer wings, purple thunderstorms on white lace and strings – hazel in the glen Skip to content HomeAboutStasia Desiderata ← One little guy’s opinion [...]

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not and I'm grateful. Thanks for the good wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm amazed of how your child's mind is learning about Jesus. That's how should children learn about Him these days. Visiting from PF.

    ReplyDelete
  7. a child's mind works better than ours, dont you agree? :)

    hope you are not affected by the flood

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts!

Tacloban . It's where I spent two months of great adventure with college buddies at about the same age as the young adult artists in this video  We Are The World for Philippines ( Cover by Filipino Artsts ) This is the church where I served as piano accompanist for the 1990 summer student choir, and some of the services. According to reports it was filled with dead bodies when this shot was taken. Photo Courtesy: AUP Network on FB On Saturday, November 24th, Central World management (the former WTC Bangkok) lent space for a Haiyan fundraiser without charge. I'd like to commemorate the highlights:   One Voice: Help Haiyan Victims was a serendipity. Organizing events is something I had to pay money to study in grad school. But it was live learning right there that night and observing the process was free. Skywatch : Mission Tacloban The Bangkok Charity Orchestra   reflected tranquility in their music. Poor typhoon victims would benef

Dyslexics and Developmental Pediatricians

Let me begin with an observation on the latter.  Developmental pediatricians in the Philippines are a rare breed. Or that's what I noticed. From society and organization websites, to forums, to word-of-mouth, to my own experience, they seem to be outnumbered by people who need their expertise. A parent of a child with developmental delays has to wait weeks or months to see one developmental pediatrician. Only thirty are listed on the Philippine Society of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics. Twenty-five in one Filipino autism blog, and that is not purely DevPeds. A child psychologist, child psychiatrist, and pediatric neurologist are mixed in the list, although they certainly are a big help too. At my son's speech therapy and psychology center I hear the same account from other parents - securing a time slot with a DevPed is hard. They are all fully booked throughout what could turn into a year. You may be lucky if someone withdraws but that rarely happens. I'm playing

Honor, Awards and a Game

Tuesday Couch Potatoes: Made of Honor Awards and a Game/Meme follow. Please scroll down a bit. My pick for this week's TCP theme (wedding movie) is Made of Honor. I like the humor in it. We've all been to several weddings but how many of us can say I've been to one in which the maid of honor was a he? The scene which particularly cracked me up is when the priest mistook the maid of honor for a gay man =) If you're familiar with some of my likes, you'd know why I also love the Scotland location of the wedding. For more of the synopsis click here ; and here's the trailer: Head over to Just About Anything for more wedding movies. ************ My super duper bloggy friend Thom of Thom's Place for Well Whatever and fellow Mom Tetcha of Pensive Thoughts awarded me this Beautiful Blogger award. I have to list seven things about me so here they are: 1. I love wearing jeans more than skirts. 2. One of my favorite colors is purple. 3. I don't mind spending su